Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Major in Hospitality Management
The BBA in Hospitality Management aims to provide a detailed understanding of customer service
and business necessities such as human resources and finances.
This Bachelor of Business Administration with Major in Hospitality Management is designed to prepare you with the necessary skills and knowledge you need to become highly successful within the International Hospitality industry. The curriculum provides an in-depth understanding of management, marketing and account controlling. You will learn about its application to the generic roles of front office, housekeeping, food & beverage and diplomacy and the impact on the essential sectors that complement the business.
KEY POINTS OF OUR PROGRAM
Swiss Quality Education
We provide an exclusive and privileged education in a stable environment, inspired by the Swiss learning ideal.
We offer a sound mix of 50% theory and 50% practice to insure strong learning.
We benefit from the education expertise and experience of the Geneva Business School and it's may campuses worldwide.
Tailor made Campus - 4 Stars
Our campus integrates a 4 stars hotel, restaurant, and SPA, providing all the necessary services in order to give students a complete learning experience.
Professional Active Faculty
We employ faculty with excellent professional experience and academic credentials.
We offer full housing possibilities, including restauration and leisure activities.
Green label & sustainable developement.
The VHMS is a model in sustainability, including specific courses to develop business profitability with a fair, safe and ecological program.
Located in the heart of Swiss Tourism
VHMS is located in a central station of Switzerland, hosting tourism during all seasons for more than 150 years.
VHMS diploma and GBS degree are worldwide recognized in the professional environment.
VHMS focuses on the core needs of the hospitality service industry. It concentrates on offering customer satisfaction perfection throughout all areas. The students will learn how to master the operational challenges that they will confront. Upon completion of the program, this development process will equip them with all of the skills required to operate at the highest end of the luxury industry.
- Career Options
- Application & Admissions
- Tuition and Housing Fees
- Duration: 3.5 years
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Language: English
- Intakes: February and September
- Starting Date: Late September 2017
- Certificate Awarded after 2 year: Swiss Certificate in Hospitality Management
- Diploma Awarded after 3 years: Swiss Diploma in Hotel Management
- Degree Awarded after 3.5 years: Bachelor of Business Administration with Major in Hospitality Management.
- Internships: We guide our students to get internships in the best Hospitality Institutions.
- Location: Villars-sur-Ollon Campus
The VHMS is a model in sustainable development, meeting worldwide expectation to preserve the planet, reduce the waste, minimize the energy consumption and respect local environment. This is included in our practical weeks and in a specific course to develop business profitability with a fair, safe and ecological program.
The program requires the successful completion of 180 credits (which represent, 1800 contact hours plus approximately 3600 independent study and practical work hours).
Year 1 : Start of the Program
Food and Beverage Management.
Year 2 : Swiss Certificate in Hospitality Management
Room Division Management.
Year 3 : Diploma in Hotel Management
International Hospitality and Event Management
Year 4 : Bachelor of Business Administration
BBA with Major in Hospitality Management
Courses and Bachelor thesis (5 months)
The graduate will:
- Gain knowledge relating to the problematic of hospitality.
- Obtain skills used to analyse management in both the private and public sectors.
- Understand research methodologies.
- Use the experience of organizations to challenge existing hospitality methods and theories.
- Design and build new hospitality strategies.
- • Conferences and convention centers
- • Hotel Management
- • Luxury Business
- • Tourist offices and ministries of tourism
- • Spas and wellness centers
- • Casinos
- • Private club
- • Hotel development and construction
- • Real estate management companies
- • Manufacturers and suppliers of hospitality equipment
Villars Hospitality Management School selection process emphasizes leadership potential, academic ability, personal qualities and competencies.
• High motivation.
• Leadership potential.
• Academic ability.
• Personal qualities and competencies.
• Completed application form.
• International Baccalaureate of minimum 28 points. A-levels/High School Diploma or equivalent.
• A good working knowledge of English is essential.
Villars Hospitality Management School program is hosted by Geneva Business School and hold the same top accreditations. As a leading private institution, we work hard to ensure that we maintain our superior quality of education through our accreditation with some of the world’s most respect organisations.
We are proud to announce that we have the four principal accreditations : IACBE, CHEA, ECBE, EDUQUA.
Accommodation and Housing
Villars Hospitality Management School offers different housing options:
- Student Residencies. Villars Hospitality Management School will provide a hotel room dedicated for its students and conveniently located near campus.
- Renting alone or sharing an apartment / studio with other student(s). Sufficient advanced notice is required.
Students have the flexibility to choose the Housing Option that will work best for their lifestyle.
* Prices may vary depending on the room size and meal plan.
If an admitted student has to cancel his/her registration for any reason, all refunds are handled as follows:
- Refund of 100% of the tuition fee if VHMS receives written cancellation more than 8 weeks before the official start date of the course.
- Refund of 50% of the tuition fee if written cancellation is received by VHMS between 4 and 8 weeks before the official start of the course.
- Refund of 100% of the tuition fee if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities and the student hasn’t yet started the courses.
- Refund of 100% of the tuition fee in the case of “force majeure".
- No refund if VHMS receives written cancellation within 4 weeks before the official start of the course.
- No refund at any time if the student receives a positive decision for their entry visa.
- No refund if an admitted student postpones his/her entry to VHMS and then postpones or cancels the registration again.
- No refund of Application fees or Administration fees at any time after the application form has been submitted.
Join us now
Next Intake : February 2018
We provide a high end cutting edge program, leading you to an expertise knowledge in the Hospitality Management Operation field, supported by Swiss Diploma and Bachelor Degree.
Meet our Faculty
Mr Mark HATTON
Ms Stavriani TSOLAKIDOU
Dr Attila SHELLEY